At Martin Fine Art Classes, we focus on teaching various art techniques to kids/teens/adults while still encouraging creativity.
We teach beginner, intermediate, to advanced classes.
The instruction in our classes is personalized, we work with small groups to offer one-on-one instructions for each of our students.
Our staff members are not only instructors; they are practicing artists who love to make drawing and painting available to everyone.
- You will learn to confidently sketch and refine line drawing for proportion and accuracy
- You will learn the basic fundamentals of being able to get a sketch of the subject matter on paper
- Build the drawing from this sketch, using strategies and tools to ensure that proportions and relationships are correct
- Through line drawing, you will develop a new way to "see like an artist" the subject matter
Understanding Value in Creating Three Dimensions
- You will learn to create mass and dimension through the addition of shading and values
- Using charcoal on paper, you will learn the secret to creating a strong three-dimensional foundation that gives life and dimension to any work regardless of medium
- You will learn how to use white and black charcoal to add value and highlights to your drawing
- We explain and illustrate how to have a balance of lights, darks, and medium values
Oil & Acrylic Painting
- Initially, the students will paint two to three monochromatic paintings
- After they completed these, they will learn color mixing and color theory
- Students will produce a variety of oil paintings including the duplication of recognized works of art by the old masters
- Students will learn a variety of techniques and styles while painting in oil
- Following oil painting, students will work in watercolor applying their prior knowledge to this new medium
- They will do this by completing a variety of watercolor paintings including landscape, seascape, animals, and still life
- Students will familiarize themselves with materials, washes (flat, graduated, within and around an object)
- Students will familiarize themselves with painting edges
Advanced Drawing, other Mediums, and Genres
- Students draw advanced subject matter from plaster casts in order to strengthen drawing and values
- Students explore the use of other art mediums such as advanced pastel, graphic pens, colored pencils
- Students explore illustration and other types of two-dimensional art styles
- Students learn and assimilate various art techniques used by prominent artists
Duplicating the Masters
- Duplicating the greatest artists' paintings is one of the most effective ways to learn their techniques
- Painting duplication leads to the development of the artistic skills
- By duplicating your favorite painter's work, you can learn his methods
- By duplicating a great artist's work, you can learn to think like him and see through his eyes