At Martin Fine Art Classes you will gain the ability to confidently create fine representational art with skills that will last a lifetime. You will be amazed at what you can learn in a short amount of time. We created our art classes for adults in a way that we focus on teaching various art techniques while still encouraging creativity.
The instruction in our classes is personalized, we work with small groups to offer one-on-one instructions for each of our students. Our staff members are not only instructors; they are practicing artists who love to make drawing and painting available to everyone.
- Using primarily still-life, you will learn to confidently sketch and refine line drawing for proportion and accuracy.
- You learn the basic fundamentals of being able to confidently and quickly get a sketch of the subject matter on paper
- Build the drawing from this sketch, using strategies and tools to ensure that proportions and relationships are correct.
- Through line drawing, you will develop a new way to "see like an artist" the subject matter.
- We illustrate and explain a variety of drawing techniques in a way that anyone can learn them.
Value Drawings in Charcoal
- After completing the line drawing course, you will learn to create mass and dimension through the addition of shading and values.
- Using charcoal on paper, you will learn the secret to creating a strong three-dimensional foundation that gives life and dimension to any work regardless of medium.
- You will learn how to use white and black charcoal to add value and highlights to your drawing.
- We explain and illustrate how to have a balance of lights, darks, and medium values.
Technique and Style
- During this stage, you will learn how to duplicate the greatest masters' paintings.
- Through duplicating paintings of the great masters of the past, you will learn their techniques and styles.
- We teach painting techniques used in a variety of art movements such as Renaissance, Classicism, and Impressionism.
- These techniques are key to developing your own individual style and expertise.
- You will also be able to apply your knowledge and skills to other mediums such as pastel and watercolor.
Our Student's Testimonials